Sunday, July 1, 2012

A *little* Update

Oh boy... this is a post I've been meaning to write for WEEKS (probably months) now....

I know that so many of you have been oh-so-patiently awaiting the return of Sparkle & Hay... and I really, truly, from the bottom of my heart am sorry that it hasn't returned.  To be completely honest, this hack-job (literally) took the wind completely out of my sails.  As of today, I still do not have access into the old files/posts... which means that an entire years worth of rustic chic wedding prettiness is stuck in a black hole in cyberspace somewhere.  (Feb 2011 - Jan 2012, to be precise) please, please, please accept my apologies to all of the amazing vendors/creatives/brides who's work I featured in that time - or a future bride who was looking for information to plan her wedding with based on something that was posted on Sparkle & Hay in that timeframe.  I'm still not able to access any of those files, so I am unable to re-post or even print them out.  I know some of you have asked for feature print-outs, sorry! :(   There have been quite a few times I thought it was within reach to get it all back, which made me so excited, but each & every time those opportunities were snatched away.  And with those times, a little bit of my passion was dampened.


 I'll also 10000% admit, that my dedication to the blog has waned considerably, given that I've been so crazy-busy with preparing for what will be my biggest "project" EVER in life... preparing for little baby sparkle (who should be making her appearance into the world in a little over 2 weeks from now!).  Not to fall into every old cliche, but even though she is not here yet, the feeling of " oh my goodness there is a little person in my belly and I am her mommy - this is the most important thing in the world" has completely overtaken me. and I LOVE IT! (& I must admit that a huge software implementation project at my day job has also been consuming my life for the past months, but I won't bore you with that, not nearly as much fun as baby stuff)

So, I'm not quite sure where the future of Sparkle & Hay stands at this very moment.  I do still have hopes that I someday may be able to resume the lost files, or that the urge to blog once again returns with fervor but in the meantime I just wanted to say Thank You.  For your support, patience, and I truly hope that some of the old restored blogger portion of the blog http://sparkleandhay.blogspot.com might help to feed some of your rustic-chic cravings.  When any progress is made or anything changes I will let you know.  & though I've been slacking on it as of late, I will try my hardest to keep up with the Sparkle & Hay facebook page, sharing links to other rustic chic weddings I see featured out in the blog world, or other fun wedding ideas/deals that I see.

In the meantime, I'll still be over here.  Blogging when I can or when the inspiration hits me.  (who knows, maybe I'll be craving some blog typing time while the little one naps).  One place where you can now find me (my newest most fun social media addiction) is on instagram  - I'm erin_ethier.  Feel free to follow along for lots of photos like these: beach walks, Cape trips, weddings I'm attending, flowers, cute everyday life stuff, ... and probably billions of baby pictures to come. 


(classic cape cod)

(love logs)
(evening calm on the water, pretty sure I had an ice cream in hand when I took this photo)



(sparkly water on a beach walk at the town beach)


(sparkly cupcakes by Dulce Cakes for my baby shower)

 (gorgeous florals by Hana Floral Design at my college roommate's wedding)
 
 
(Note, this was to celebrate our 3 year engaged anniversary on June 18th.  3 years ago we were in Paris & Dan proposed... 3 years later we were exactly 1 month away from our due date.  How time flies...)


(nursery in progress, note the hank & hunt garland from our wedding is being re-used *again* )

Again, thank you so much for your patience & support the past few months (years, really).  I'll be around from time to time, and truly never know what the future will bring!  If you have any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them too.  sparkleandhay <at> gmail <dot> com.  (yes, my original sparkle & hay email is still on the fritz too :(  )  I can't promise a speedy reply, but I will be checking it periodically!

Wheeew... I feel a bit better now... a  bit sad... but better. :)

15 comments:

  1. It's a nice wedding information for your best wedding day. This wedding blogs is very useful to update your all wedding celebration to be enjoy all friends and relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brave, honest, beautiful post. I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day the blogging bug bites again, and that all your lovely work will be restored, but in the meantime I'm so excited for you, Dan and baby sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the valuable wedding information in your blog. the pictures are really awesome Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a beautiful Mom to Be, Erin and an even sweeter person. We all wish you the best as you prepare for your little sparkle babe to arrive; and if and when you do come back to the blogging world, you know we will all be here for you with arms wide open :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspected as much. :( We miss you SO MUCH! My business took a HUGE downturn this year and I seriously wondered if Sparkle & Hay being gone had anything to do with that. These are my brides! I miss my brides! This is an honest, brave post though, and being a mom will be amazing!

    I know you said you couldn't recover the old posts, but I know that periodically they must come back because suddenly I will get an explosion of hits from an old post off S & H!

    And instead of trying to recover the old posts, did you ever just consider picking up and continuing on? "Keep calm and Sparkle on!" Even if we can't get the old features back, we can still bring brand new amazing features to new brides!! I would help you in any way if you'd let me! Scoop up and keep going lovie, we miss you! And Sparkle Baby? SOOOO needing to be done!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say as a longtime follower of Sparkle and Hay, is that I wish you only every blessing possible going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is hard not to be completely distracted by the soon-to-pop-out baby, isn't it! i feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will never regret taking that time to embrace this beautiful season and far as the lost files I know that one. I had it happen 3 years ago and soon you will be wrapped up in baby bliss the files will fade away! Enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a self proclaimed tree hugger...so I LOVE the hearts on the tree trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog, everything is just so warm and nice. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing very useful information all the time! I see that your last post was quite long ago..Congratulations! I believe you are having beautiful life now - being a Mom is wonderful!
    I hope this blog will come back after some time! Will really wait that!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I have found them very useful and I especially love the 3 year Paris engagement pictures. Best wishes for the birth of your baby. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope one day you will return to blogging. I know it's been a while, but life has a funny way of running it's own course. Thanks for all the wedding inspiration that you have posted and that this message finds you well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We just wanted to thank you for the love logs idea. we were looking for some image ideas for products for 2013 and the love logs are simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete